In the past, I have discussed about the importance of going Organic (click on the link to find out more) and the hacks for solving sensory issues. Now I am going to discuss the importance of body massage and essential oils.
Massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure. The techniques are commonly applied using hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearm, feet or a device. We all know how relaxing a massage can be. Typically we massage our kids up to the age of one or a year and a half, when they are infants so that their muscles grow properly and help the nervous system to grow well.
There are a few trigger or acupressure points on the body that helps to balance the nervous system resulting into balancing the sensory problems to a great extend. Along with that, we also have points for memory building, free flow of emotions, communication, digestion and detoxification. Especially people with Autism, Dementia, Alzheimer’s or any other neurological problems are in deadly need of a full body massage. Massages should be done at least 1-2 times a week. People with Autism and sensory problems might refuse or won’t let you touch them initially. However, you have to try and give it to them as they need it the most. At least here we know it is a sure shot benefit without any side effects.
I am stating below the different acupressure points that will help. It might take minimum 8-10 months of regular massage to give effective results. Massaging with coconut oil or lavender oil gives the highest amount of result.
Acupressure/Reflexology Point for Memory Building:
- Go the center of the head on your scalp with the highest point.
- Circular motion of the thumb for 1-3 minutes everyday; this will help to build the memory.
- It helps people with Autism, Dementia, Alzheimer’s or any other neurological problems.
- It also helps people who do not have any kind of a problem to just relax.
- In addition to this it will relax the sensory and prepare it to accept the environment.
Acupressure/Reflexology for free flow of emotions, language and sensory:
- Make the person sleep on the back.
- Place the ears of the person sleeping between your index finger and middle finger.
- Gently rub the fingers up and down from head to the ears and back from ears to the heads.
- And then the second step is to tap the borderline of the ears in circular motions with tip of the fingers and do it fast (around the face area and the back of the ears). Do this everyday for 2-3mins.
Acupressure/Reflexology – Building the nervous system and reducing sensory problems:
- Place both your hands with thumbs on the center of neck on both sides at the back of your head.
- Then take circular motions with the thumb and keep moving up along the border of your head (scalp) until the temple point on the forehead.
- Regular massage on this point will bring down a lot of sensory and neurological problems.
Acupressure/Reflexology point for Detoxification:
- Detoxification is required for everyone.
- Be it a healthy person or a person with some sickness.
- This point helps everyone and even with people who have severe kidney or liver disorders.
- For people with Autism or Neurological problem this point is a boon.
- Place your thumb on the center of the palm and the middle finger parallel to it on the upper side of the hand.
- Move in circular motions and leave it with small jerk.
- Do this on both the hands and similarly on the center of the feet.
- These are great detox points.
Importance of Essential Oils
We all have this understanding that it is important to breathe good air. Whenever we get to breathe some nice aroma we feel good, relaxed and refreshed. There are three important oils they really help everyone and especially people with ASD and Neurological problems. Usage of these oils once a week is going to go a long way in to the health benefits.
- This is the most relaxing oil of all the oils.
- The aroma that it spreads around makes one feel very good no matter how terrible day or situation they have been into.
- The signal that it sends to the brain has miraculous results over a period of time.
- It will help the brain and body to relax resulting into calming the sensory.
- If the person responds well, then it might bring down the meltdowns and sometimes seizures too.
- Eucalyptus oil is very ancient oil and a remedy used for multiple purposes.
- In India, it is still used for children and adults as one of the best antibiotic remedy.
- When you breathe eucalyptus oil it acts an antibiotic, antifungal and one of the best antiseptic within the body.
- It helps cold and coughs overnight and helps the immune to fight against the germs and a lot of other health problems.
- Peppermint oil is the best oil that will help anyone with digestive issues. Anyone with metabolic, gastric problems will benefit with peppermint oil.
- It has been scientifically proven that people with ASD, Neurological problems, Celiac or any kind of developmental delays have issues related to the digestive tract.
- Peppermint oil will help greatly to relax the digestive tract.
All the things mentioned above in this article are really doable. You will see a lot of changes when you put these things in consideration and act upon it. It is definitely a lot of hard work but trust me this hard work pays off really well.
Spread this message by sharing it as much as possible to help. Tag a friend, someone you know or a family member who is looking for answers. Let’s give some hope and positivity to parents and people who really need it at this point of time. Follow us and stay updated. I am providing a step-by-step guide to complete recovery from ASD, neurological problems and any other developmental delays or at least getting very close to recovery.