Dealing with Autism is not an easy task and here we are talking about Autism and its relation with the toxins.
First things first, to start off you have to understand that your child (or the person diagnosed with ASD) cannot handle any kind of toxins. There is a huge relation of toxins and Autism. You can refer to Understanding Autism to understand that how much the body of the person diagnosed with Autism is in distress. Therefore, therapies and diet play the most important role in any kind of health related issues.
Hereafter, once you understand what is wrong then only you will be able to understand what needs to be treated first. Therefore, the first step towards recovery is to try and stop any kind of toxin to enter into the body. Those are toxins through food, through skin and through breathing.
It is been scientifically proved that Autism is a medical condition and can be treated. Just like how a fracture in a bone is a condition and can be treated (as it is not a disease it is a condition) the same way Autism too is a condition and not a disease and can be medically treated. 1000’s of kids are recovering from Autism with the help of right diet, supplements and therapies. If not a complete recovery than at least about 80%-90% recovery.
Our main goal is to first delete any toxins from entering the body and second goal is the clear out or detoxify the body from the existing toxins. Physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, social-emotional therapy or any therapy will only work to its optimum if your child is not fighting within the body to deal with the toxins.
Now the question to ask is why the elimination of toxins?
As we are growing with the technology, we are forgetting to take care of our health. Let me explain clearly. There are huge amount of pesticides, insecticides, artificial plant foods and growth hormones that have been discovered and are being injected for 10 fold production of food and dairy items. Plants are being genetically modified, the fodder provided to livestock is also genetically modified or artificial growth hormones are added, which is nothing but toxic chemicals. When a pregnant mother consumes it, it directly affects the fetus and later when babies are born and start consuming this food, they too are exposed to these chemicals. These artificial hormones and chemicals enter your body through the food that is being consumed and enter your brains resulting into a lot of health damage like Autism, Alzheimer’s, Blood Pressure, Thyroid, Diabetes, kidney/liver problems, obesity and many more. There are huge profits involved so obviously this business is not going to stop until there is a huge epidemic. Also, we have come a long way in terms of business and money making at the cost of our health.
So starting now the changes you can to put into action to help the person diagnosed.
Toxins through Food and Drinks:
- Eliminate all the GMO (genetically modified) food items from the diet – highest amount of toxins or chemicals enter into the body through the use of genetically modified food item through pesticides, insecticides and growth hormones added to the agricultural produce to increase it 10 times. Hence eliminating it from the food items will help to eliminate the entrance of new toxins
- Eliminate tap water or even filtered water from the diet for drinking and cooking
- Eliminate aerated drinks like sparkling water, soda or soft drinks.
- Eliminate alcohol (if the person is older)
Eliminating the toxins from entering the body of a person with ASD is one of the most important things to be done. As there is a direct relation of food that is consumed with the brains.
How to replace the GMO food items?
- To go completely organic. The person diagnosed with ASD should eat and drink only and only organic products. All food items should be organically grown like fruits, vegetables, etc.
- It would a great option if you could grow vegetables in your backyard or balcony (suitable to weather conditions.)
- Introducing organic rice, organic meat (if you are a non-vegetarian), organic lentils, organic grains and organic snacks.
- Introduce ‘only’ and ‘only’ mineral or bottled water. In today’s day and time water does have some residuals of toxic industrial, environmental and agricultural wastes. Therefore, all drinking water and cooking water should be mineral or bottled water.
- If you cannot afford mineral or bottled water then the next best option is to filter the water, boil it for 15-20minutes. Let it cool to room temperature and then use for drinking and cooking. Although it will not be as good and effective as mineral water but will be much better than regular water.
Toxins through Skin:
- Introduce the Use of Organic soap, shampoos, lotions, scrubs and creams. (If it is expensive for you to buy or not available in the country of your residence, then look it up on Youtube DIY videos and make it at home. It’s the best option)
- Bathing water again should be boiled and then cooled to a bearable warm / hot water before taking a bath. (Warm /hot water baths will really help for sensory issues)
- Giving this warm / hot water bath during bedtime is the best option, after a few weeks of doing this you will definitely see the person suffering with ASD sleep much better with it.
Toxins through breathing
- There isn’t much you can do to eliminate the toxins in the environment. However, a doable solution is provided below
Oxygen Therapy- This is only applicable to countries where there are suitable weather conditions
- At least 30 minutes of playtime, or a walk in a Park or garden (full of greenery) 3-4 times a week, early in the morning or late evening whenever there is very less vehicular traffic or less air pollution. Just to breathe in fresh oxygen, will help the body in a great way to detoxify.
A healthy lifestyle is good not only for people who have been affected with some health issues but also for everyone.
All the things mentioned above in this article are really doable. You will see a lot of changes when you put these things in consideration and act upon it. It is definitely a lot of hard work but trust me this hard work pays off really well.
Spread this message by sharing it as much as possible to help. Tag a friend, someone you know or a family member who is looking for answers. Let’s give some hope and positivity to parents and people who really need it at this point of time. Follow us and stay updated. I will be providing a step-by-step guide to complete recovery from ASD or at least getting very close to recovery in my subsequent write-ups.
If you want more information, guidance, treatment options and counseling, we provide services for the same. It is designed to suit every family or person in trouble with ASD. You can email and get in touch with us for more services.